Get a new version of Alpine with new features and bug fixes
Source Code Link:
This version is released under the Apache License Version 2.0.
In order to compile this source code you need OpenSSL version 1.0 or later. In order to decompress
use the command
tar --lzma -xf alpine-2.10.clean.tar.lzma
Version 2.10 includes numerous bug fixes and new features
- Quota report for IMAP folders that support it (press the "@" command in the index screen of such folder).
- Search a folder for the content of any header with the ";" command.
- Foreign characters are decoded correctly in IMAP folders.
- Question about breaking connection to slow servers includes their name.
- Internal x-alpine-help: resource locator for sending links to internal help.
- OpenSuse: Alpine find location of OpenSSL certificates.
- Cygwin: Alpine builds without need of patch.
- Recognition of proper mime type for docx, xlsx, and pptx files.
- When composing a message, Alpine will create a new thread when the subject is erased.
- Add support for strong encryption of password file when S/MIME is built in.
Bugs that have been addressed include:
- Alpine will close a folder after confirming with user their intention and not reopen it.
- Double allocation of memory in Pico.
- Alpine does not give warning of message sent and posted upon receipt by email of message posted in newsgroup.
- Handling of STYLE html parameter may make Alpine not display the content of a message.
- Not recognition of environment variables in some options.
- Not display of login prompt during initial keystrokes.
- justification of long urls breaks them.
- Incorrect New Mail message when envelope is not available.
- Inorrect display of PREFDATE, PREFDATETIME and PREFTIME tokens.
- Crash when resizing the screen after display of LDAP search.
- Crash when redrawing screen while opening a remote folder collection.
- Infinite loop in scrolltool function during notification of new mail.
- No repaint of the screen was done when the SMARTDATE token is used in the index screen after midnight.
- No display of signed and encrypted S/MIME messages.
- Alpine will not build with OpenSSL.
- Crash for double locking in calls to c-client.
- Bad recognition of mime-encoded text may make Alpine not print the subject of a message.
- Ignore the references header when threading messages
- No update of colors in index screen after update to addressbook.
Last Updated 11:44:42 -0700 Sun Jan 13 2013