Alpine 2.11 Released
Source Code Link:
This version is released under the Apache License Version 2.0.
Version 2.11 includes several new features and bug fixes.
- Increase encryption of S/MIME encrypted messages.
- Alpine requires version 1.0.0c of Openssl to build.
- Pico: Improvements in justification of paragraphs: lines that begin
with a quote string, followed by a space were considered individual paragraphs,
now they are considered part of a paragraph. Based on earlier joint work
with Jeff Franklin.
- Unix Alpine: Allow local .pinerc file to be a symbolic link.
- Experimental extended support of recognition of UTF-8 in urls based on
information from http://url.spec.whatwg.org.
- Added recognition of ws and wss URIs.
- Add ability to color folder names, directory names,
and text in the FOLDER SCREEN.
- Add the ability to color any token used in the display of the INDEX SCREEN.
- New option preserve-original-fields that adds the ability to preserve To:
and Cc: fields when replying to a
message, as specified by original sender.
- Add a _SILENT_ token to the list of tokens for a display filter, so that
Alpine will not redraw the screen when it is unnecessary.
- Added Quota subcommands for printing, forwarding, saving, etc.
Bugs that have been addressed include:
- Crash when a non-compliant SMTP server closes a connection without a QUIT command.
- Crash when resizing the screen in a configuration screen.
- Do not bail out during a tcp timeout, instead close connection and avoid crash.
- Do not use a shell to open a browser.
- Configure script did not test for crypto or pam libraries.
- Configure script attempted to build web component, even if header file tcl.h was not present.
- Change Cygwin directory separator to "/".
- Alpine could set List- headers, contrary to RFC 2369.
In order to compile this source code you need OpenSSL version 1.0.0c or
In order to decompress use the command
tar -hxf alpine-2.11.tar.lzma
tar -Jxf alpine-2.11.tar.xz
This page Copyright 2013 © Eduardo Chappa